November 26, 2010

The good stuff.


 San Hsi Tang teahouse, located on the 4th floor of the National Museum. One of our best meals, with great dim sum and nice selection of tea (we had Tie Kuan Yin.) Our favorite dishes were the beef noodle soup and taro cake dessert.



Food court at Taipei 101, too many stalls and so little time! I had tan-tzu noodles with sides of tofu and veggies. Warm tofu-hua with peanuts and tapioca pearls for dessert.
At Ching Yeh, where we waited 30 minutes for a seat. This is the food I grew up on, except that I never knew people actually served it in restaurants! It probably originated from Xiamen, where my people-- and the Taiwanese-- are originally from. I can also get this type of food in the Philippines, in Chinatown, but not this good! Above, my comfort food: sweet potato congee with radish omelette.


Honestly, I can't get enough of all the "small eats" that Taiwan has to offer. Our last meal, breakfast at the famous Yong He Dou Jiang Da Wang, or "Soy Milk King" We paid 200 NTD one way in taxi fare for this 150 NTD meal! Soup dumplings, fried you tiao, and of course, the warm sweetened soy milk. We also ordered fan tuan and radish cake. So good!

No comments: