January 30, 2009



Thanks, Allan & Dan! It's a funny gift, but I really need the encouragement. Especially from people who work in the same place:) The last shift was a bit more challenging than most nights-- 8 patients total. Really sick patients. Working with sick people is fine-- it's my job. But seeing dying/dead people (and their families) is difficult. I don't care what anyone else says-- it affects you in some way. For me, it never really sinks in until after the shift is over. Anyways, can't think about it too long. Gotta keep moving. And doing something. My music is making me happy. Here, the last 10 songs on my iTunes shuffle:
  • Trouble in Mind-- covered by Johnny Cash
  • Is This Love-- Bob Marley song by guy with guitar who plays in Union Square (don't remember his name)
  • Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime-- Amelie soundtrack by Yann Tiersen
  • Anna (Go to Him)-- The Beatles
  • Funny How Time Slips Away-- Al Green
  • Say Hello Wave Goodbye-- David Gray
  • Piece of My Heart-- Janis Joplin
  • People Everyday-- Arrested Development
  • Just Like Heaven-- The Cure
  • Sweetest Thing-- Lauryn Hill
Gonna take a walk up to 86th Street. I'm so glad I have the weekend off!!! Update: Is This Love cover by Jahstix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, hope your weekend was great! and that you enjoyed football. i stayed up this morning to watch nadal beat federer for the australian open championship.

i'm glad you like the gift!