February 27, 2009

I just slept for 14 hours straight after being awake for 30 hours, and I'm trying to remember what I did before working the last string of shifts. Ah yes... I was happy. We saw Mamet's Speed the Plow at the Barrymore Theatre. William H. Macy played producer Bobby Gould after Jeremy Piven withdrew from the role on account of mercury poisoning, from what he says is due to eating too much sushi. I really don't know why they would cast Piven for that role in the first place. Another thing that made me happy was going to a movie under what I think are the best circumstances-- during a late-night weekday showing, and arriving at least 30 minutes before it starts! I feel a little like Alvy (Woody Allen) in Annie Hall when he refuses to watch a movie because they missed the first 2 minutes of the opening credits. Anyways, so we finally saw Waltz with Bashir, which is the opposite of a happy feel-good movie-- but that's not why I wanted to see it. Right now, listening to the soothing voice of Natalie Merchant, eating spaghetti, and fantasizing about a new career (like this). Also wondering if there is some way I could start an IV caffeine drip on myself.

No comments: