February 17, 2009



Lately it seems the city is quieter and just a lot emptier than usual. But it could be just me... I don't get out much. I take the N train home when everyone else is headed to the city to start their day, and then I sleep until the sun is down. Sigh. My sister is visiting this week, and since there is no good Thai food in Toronto, we decided to take her to Sripraphai in Jackson Heights for dinner. Our friend who lives on the same street asks, "Why do we have to drive all the way to Queens when there's a Thai restaurant across the street from us in Brooklyn?" Because after 10 years of eating great Thai food in Southern California, I have never had anything like their fried watercress salad. It's worth the 25-minute drive. Besides, the food comes out in like 3 minutes. And you can watch Alton Brown (or the Yankees game in the summer) on the TV screen while you wait. I love the atmosphere-- unpretentious.

No comments: