March 14, 2010

Spring Forward!!!

I would have worked tonight, if I had remembered we were going to lose an hour today-- I was one of the suckers who worked an extra hour for free back in the fall!
But I'm also glad I got to enjoy a nice Saturday night out, even if it was raining. A nice dinner at Golden Palace in Flushing (which leftovers I am now eating!) followed by Green Zone.
Speaking of movies, I've seen quite a few lately. Last week, Petek came to visit us from Pennsylvania for a couple of days. We've only been able to hang out together a handful of times since we met as roommates in Beijing in 2004. She has lived in a different country every year since then-- and now speaks better Mandarin than me! But neither of us could understand a single word of the Northern Chinese dialect spoken by the characters in Walking on the Wild Side, one of the 7 films currently featured at the Asia Society. The series, called China's Past, Present, Future on Film is going on through April.


From Asia Society

No comments: