February 25, 2012

Sourdough French Toast

This week felt long, despite the holiday on Monday. And of course, on the day I can actually sleep in I wake up at 7am. It's a gorgeous morning though, and I'm happy to be enjoying it. Started off with a breakfast of sourdough french toast.

I'm not hearing a lot of Whitney Houston songs on the radio anymore but I'm listening to them on this quiet morning, just like I do every now and then. When those songs came out, I was still a kid. Everything was so different for me back then-- my mom was alive and so was her brother, my uncle, who absolutely loved The Bodyguard soundtrack. That always made me laugh a little, but wow-- that was a long time ago. Anyways, that's who Whitney Houston songs will always remind me of. It's kind of amazing to think how much her music has touched so many people-- and even 20 years after they first became popular.

No comments: