February 29, 2012

Hump Day

Guess I'm back in the rat race of life. I've never had a Monday to Friday job before so the weeks seems ridiculously long to me... Is this what everyone else does?!

One of the doctors I work with asked me today, "So I heard you worked on a farm last year?"

Um... yeah.


Before the farming, I worked 12-hour night shifts 3-4 times a week, so I had nights off in between. But I spent it all sleeping or dreading going back to work. So I wouldn't ever go back to that.


However, I was just sitting at my desk today thinking about how one year ago I was shoveling dirt and milking goats and living with other people in a big farmhouse. I was genuinely happy.

The job I have now is I think the happiest I'm gonna get with a nursing job. I have my own office, I get an actual lunch break, no one is dying... And I have health insurance again! So yay for that. But it was raining today and I wanted to be outside working, not rushing down the crowded streets in dry-clean only dress pants! But spring is coming around the corner, so I'm looking forward to some farm work days soon!

No comments: