July 7, 2009

I was going to blog about a play I saw the other evening, but it seems pretty trivial to me now. Something so terrible happened at work last night to one of our patients, a night we thought was going to be relatively easy, with only 5-6 patients each. I can't even go into details because I'd like to keep my job (at least for now), but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I can't believe I chose a job where every single thing I do and every decision I make has a direct effect or consequence on another human being. There's no room for error, which makes going to work pretty scary. It doesn't matter if I didn't get enough sleep or didn't even eat or I have other things on my mind. I can't mess up. Last night was a wake up call. On top of what happened at the hospital last night, while I'm taking care of other people's family members, I'm also worried about my own who are in other people's care half way around the world, and who are also not in great shape. Sigh. I shall try to heed the words of my wise cousin: "Always look on the bright side of life" (whistle, whistle) I know I can't be the only discouraged RN out there. So in attempts to find solace, I searched for some blogs. Here are a few:

No comments: